Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lovin life!


Today Mike, Tasha, Denise and I hiked to the top of Mt. Baden-Powell. It was a good training hike with an elevation gain of over 3,000 feet in just four miles. Denise and Tasha set a hard pace that left Mike and I gasping for breath. We all enjoyed the view from over 9,000 feet at the summit and looked out over the clouds. We took in the view of the Mojave desert and on the way up we spotted a deer and made it home in time to watch the Lakers win the finals! A great day indeed! I ran my long run yesterday, six miles, and am heading out for Montana at 6:OO a.m. Loving the life I'm living.

2 comments:

  1. And, I am loving the life you are living! Thanks for letting me be in the hiking part of it, especially. I was feeling burned out by Saturday and you spurred me on to rally for the Baden-Powell hike on Sunday. Sooo glad we did it! The view was truly incredible. I cannot wait to share it with your dad one of these days. I would say it is my most panoramic view to date. Tasha was great at keeping back with me at my "snail's" pace and helped me to summit! Mike gave me some good words of wisdom on hiking Whitney! And, Matt, you continue to push me to do my best. Thanks, partners and have a great week. Feeling great today, Denise.

    ReplyDelete