Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And so it begins...........


"Nature has made neither sun nor air nor waves private property; they are public gifts."
-Ovid
Today was the first day of my new eighteen week training program. I am following a new program by running guru Hal Higdon that is both longer and tougher than my previous running program. I ran three miles today and concentrated on my breathing and enjoying the view of the ocean. My legs felt good, my breath was steady and a song kept playing in my head:
"He snaps back to reality, whoops there goes gravity
oh there goes rabbit, he choked
he's so mad but he won't give up that easy"
-Marshal Mather

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had an ocean view to run next to every day! I ran 5 miles on Monday looking at Juno on t.v.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onward and upward!!! Great set of goals for the rest of the year!

    Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote..so true, so true! Sending you lots of encouragement and love on your latest goal, my son!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the quote, so true so true!. Sending you lots of encouragement and love as you go after your newest goal, my son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Money can't buy that view. Further proof that the best things in life are free.

    ReplyDelete