Thursday, June 25, 2009

"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it, or else they will lock you up"-Hunter S. Thomson


I was on my way to my real estate class at UCLA today and I found out that class was canceled because MJ died. They canceled class because the guy who invented the moonwalk died? I thought about turning around and heading home, but the thought of spending more time on the 405 parking lot just did not appeal to me. So I decided to walk over to UCLA medical center and mingle with the crazies, like the guy in this photo who brought flowers. I got some face-time on Fox News (check out Garrett's blog) got interviewed for a German newspaper, tried to get interviewed by a hot Spanish reporter and got kicked out of the press line by an fascist cop with a bullhorn. When this angry cop demanded my press credentials, I told him I wrote for a blog, he didn't buy it and he kicked me out of line. That was cool because I witnessed a group of people dancing to Thriller, Bille Jean and Beat-It. My only wish was that my brother Mike was with me to join in with the nutballs and enjoy the scene. I think I spotted an anguished Corey Fieldman holding hands with a distraught Malculy Culkin. No word on Webster. The funny part of this experience is how word spread through the crowd that Latoya was in the building. People spoke in hushed tones and breathlessly repeated the words, "Latoya is with us, she is here." So I will leave you with another quote by a true American genius: Hunter S. Thomson
"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro."
Now that is a man they should have canceled class for!

3 comments:

  1. Life is indeed crazy!! It was a blast talking to you on the cell phone and watching you on Fox News!

    ===="And they say why, why? Tell em that it's Human Nature"

    Michael Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. One never knows what may happen on any given day. It was amazing that you were going to class and then all of a sudden you are on Fox News.........YEA!! Quite a duo you and Garrett are. Loved the coordination between the two of you to get you up close and in front of the camera just at the perfect time. I had been watching Fox for 1 hour and turned it off as Grandma, Sandy and Joe had arrived for dinner. And then 2 mintues later Garrett texted me saying you were just on Fox....................I couldn't believe I had missed you. But alas the age of tech came to the rescue and thanks to Garrett we are all able to see you on t.v. talking on your cell to Garrett!! It was GREAT!!! Good timing my friend. Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part of all of this was getting to see you on Fox News with directing by Garrett. What a hoot! Good idea to stay off the 405 and have some fun. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete