Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My creation..........is it real?

I have spent years dreaming about a way to dry my wetsuits after surfing. Sometimes I would hang them in the shower, other times I would hang my suits off a fence or my balcony, and other times I would just put in on a hanger that was nailed to the wall. All of these options left me unsatisfied and I would put on a cold, wet, clammy wetsuit the next morning. So I had a dream, a dream of a way to hang my wetsuits in my garage and still get them dry (with a little shelf for my booties) and be able to put on a nice dry wetsuit for the early am surf. I am happy to announce that I am living my dream! I went to Lowe's hardware and bought all the stuff to make my own wetsuit rack. I had to cut the pipe (at J. R's man cave) and put the entire thing together in my garage. I drilled the holes and fixed the back with drywall hangers, put in two support pieces of metal, fixed the end caps on the pipe and attached the hanger. The thing that is cool about this is that all of these were separate pieces and I just made it up as I walked around Lowes. I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted and was able to build this thing for about $15 bucks in supplies. So now my 4/3, 3/2, spring-suit, vest and rash guards all have a place to dry in my garage. Just living the dream....

5 comments:

  1. Life is good my friend. GREAT job.

    Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my heart and from my hand why don't people understand, my invention.....

    time to watch that movie again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just GREAT! I love that. You have seen what you can do when you combine your creative mind with your practical mind. Looking forward to seeing your creation in person. :o) Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Matt! You are super creative and that will come in handy around the house for other projects! Go check the waves! :) Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete