Sunday, October 4, 2009

Manhattan Beach 10k




So here you have it, the yin and the yang: the two forces that will be controlling my non-work hours for the next six months. One is a tool for riding liquid energy, the other can be warn by a tool to commemorate his glory days. One is incredibly hard to master, one of them is as simple as putting one foot in front of the other. So this was my weekend. On Friday I surfed (in my trunks) El Porto after work on my new 6.4. The water was 70 degrees, the surf babes were out and the waves were head high. I went to the Dodger game, saw them lose, than up early at 6 am to get ready for the 10K. It really is a beautiful run, with the last mile going along the strand and a nice finish at the Manhattan beach Pier. I was very proud of my time and felt good going up a few hills. I went home, took a nap, went surfing and than off to Dodger stadium with Stilts to watch them clinch the N.L. West! "Nice little Saturday"

3 comments:

  1. Great looking surfboard my friend. What was your time on the 10k? Sounds like an epic weekend. OH what a ride. Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weekend, Matt. Congratulations on your 10 K time.
    Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete