Thursday, October 8, 2009

Who's the boss?

The following is a true story:

Sometimes life takes on a crazy dimension where you feel that you are living in a dream. Your brain seems to explode into tiny bits but your mouth keeps on working. Life is just plain crazy sometimes. Yesterday I attended the Dodger game with my brother, watched an amazing Dodger win, and than out of the blue I get invited to watch game two at the ravine today. As most of you know, the Dodgers win in dramatic fashion with two outs in the ninth and Chavez ravine goes nuts: OK, this is where the story gets really bizarre. One of the guys (a friend of a friend) says that he knows someone who works in the dugout club and we can go party there after the game. I (naturally) said no, I demanded to go home and rest up for work, but I was forced to go downstairs to the dugout club and continue to party. So I go the bar, order a Dos Equis, and noticed a diminutive brunette slide in next to me. She looks sort of familiar and I am trying to play it cool and sip my beverage. I get the bartenders attention for this pretty young lass and she thanks me. I say nothing, my brain turns to ice and she turns to me and asks me what I thought about the game, I tell her that it was great etc (dodgers yak yak yak)... and the entire time I am thinking in my head (this is Allyssa Milano!) my brother would die to be in my spot! It was clear to me that Alyssa just wanted to join in the celebration and be a fan and blend in and talk about baseball. We hung out for a bit just talking about the Dodgers and people left her alone. She also ordered a Dos Equis and I tried to treat her like a normal person and just shoot the breeze with her. She finished up her beer and said "nice to meet you, I got to go" and I'm thinking that I have to do this for Goot: I always tell him that there are no coincidences! I decide I will blow my cool non-chalant factor for my brother so I say, "Alyssa, my name is Matt and today is my brothers birthday and he was at the game today. I am sure you hear this all the time but he has a huge crush on you, I never do this, but can I get a picture with you?" She said, "of course you can Matt!" I handed my cell phone to Mike and he took the blurry picture you see above. I gave Alyssa my card and told her if she ever wanted to invest in real-estate she should call me (it was all I could think of). So, she hugged me goodbye, asked me if I would be at game 5, and walked out of the dugout club. I tried to hide my smile as I walked back to my buddy's table and they could not believe I had just been chatting with Alyssa. I spent ten minutes with an angel........only in L.A.!

-Who's the boss now St. Louis?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh. What a great gift for Garrett. Only better if he was there. That was really nice of you to do. As nice as when you took your pic with George Clooney for me. By the way, your line to her was probably perceived as, "Oh, no, this is for a friend of mine." Love you,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa is a classy gal, she is very nice and polite and was raised right by two loving parents. Great for her to just be chilling with the crowd and to be down to earth. She is the Boss, now my goal in life is to get a picture of me and Jennifer Love Hewitt on April 22, 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Matt. What a GREAT B-day gift for Garrett and how nice of you to go the extra mile to get the pic for Garrett. Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, Matt, how incredible to be just sitting there and have Alyssa come and sit next to you. What a great present for your brother!
    Love ya, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story, Matt! I loved hearing about your interaction with Allyssa and how you ended up getting your picture with her for Garrett. Well done, my son! :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete