Monday, May 24, 2010

The best chicken tacos this side of the border




This post is dedicated to the captain and cook of the S.S. Serenity Now:

A few weeks ago I planted a cilantro plant on my patio and it has grown to be a giant. (picture 1) So, this past weekend I wanted to use my fresh herbs and my b.b.q. to make dinner for a nice young lady. I went to whole foods, got two chicken breasts and marinated them overnight. (picture 2) As you can see (picture 3) my b.b.q. skills are second only to the captain. After getting the bird off the grill I chopped up the chicken for fresh chicken soft tacos. I put the chicken in jalapeno flavored tortillas, added shredded cheese, salsa, diced onions, fresh cilantro, a squeeze of lime, guacamole and bango: you got yourself the best chicken soft tacos this side of the border. After dinner we took a sunset stroll along the beach. Life is good.......
This meal just might outrank the "deluxe" on the b.b.q. scale.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...................looks wonderful!! Can't wait to enjoy them at your place. And, as always inquiring minds what to know who the young lady was that you enjoyed the wonderful meal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellllll..who's the young lady? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous, Matt.
    You will have to make them this summer!
    Love ya, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, you learn and apply the lessons well my son. Next I will explain the concept of "Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off".

    The capt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanna teach your brother how to do this??

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked amazing, Matt! Jalapeno tortillas? Those sound really good. Your fresh cilantro must have been SO good. I love cilantro...used it in a red quinoa, black bean, onion and avocado dish tonight!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete