Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"The easy life, eh boys?"


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
"See, when you get to be my age, you are lucky if you have one thing you really love."
-Hurt Locker
Today Stilts and I went down to the P.V. Cove after work to enjoy a little bit of the evening glass. It was a perfect evening, no wind, chest-high swell coming out of the west, a few surf-babes on the beach and a mellow crowd. We surfed for a few hours and seemed to be paddling and riding waves the entire time. I surfed with an old friend from Torrance High and had to smile to myself as I listened to the current horror stories of teaching high school. Life is indeed good in the city of Angels. The past four days have been really beautiful and I am so thankful to live by the ocean. After a few hours Stilts and I got out to chill and watch the sunset. As we were sitting on the rocks enjoying the view a real old-timer passed us and said, "the easy life, eh boys."

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great shots!! A super shot of you catching the wave, beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible sunset. Now that is the way to celebrate St. Patty's. Dad said it was so beautiful at the beach yesterday. Wish you were up here in Mammoth with me. Enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you were able to do one of your favorite things in the world that day, Matt! Those pictures are amazing. Sunsets are one of God's incredible gifts to us, as is the ocean.
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete