Tuesday, November 17, 2009

18 weeks till Glory!

Today begins week one of my eighteen week program to finish the 2010 L.A. Marathon. In week one you run 3 miles on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and do a long run of 6 miles on Saturday. Today was a beautiful sunset run on the strand and I took it easy as my body is still adjusting from a weekend in Oakland. Going to spend time in Oakland is like living in dog years compared to human years. It ages you quickly. So as I was on my run today I was very happy at the start to be on this program and to think about finishing this thing in March. I will just run my race, listen to my body and just cruise the 26 miles (hahahahah). But on a serious note (and this will be the last time I write about 09) I think that I had a severe panic attack in the 09 run. I panicked because I thought I would look weak in front of Nicole. It was not my day, I keep on trying, and speed my heart rate up and ultimately went down. Surprisingly this revelation came to me as I watched the Sopranos and witnessed Tony's condition and how he described his feelings and what he remembers. Anyways that is my best guess about what happened and to quote another line from the Sopranos it's time to MOVE THE F--- ON! I can't keep on thinking about it. It happened, time to move on. So I will let the seasoned vets like Tasha and Nicole run their race and I will run mine. But I am really excited to get it on and to train hard for March.
What is going to make this race really fun is that it starts at Dodger stadium and ends at the beach in Santa Monica! We have all decided to frolic like a bunch of crazed seals in the ocean after we finish the race. And I have one more BIG announcement about the race....................that I will write about tomorrow.

"Rising up, straight to the top, had the guts, got the glory-went the distance, now I'm not going to stop, just a man and his will to survive"
-The Eye of the Tiger

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to "frolic like a bunch of crazed seals" with you after the race! What's the name of the training book you're using again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be cheering you on and might even join the seals in the water! :) Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................can't wait to hear the BIG announcement tomorrow. And the guts and determination you have will take you across the finish line......................no doubt about it my friend. Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already told Tasha that I will be in the ocean, but I have decided to be a crazed Walrus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be there to cheer you on, Matt. Yes, it is time to move on from 2009, but it was an incredibly scarey day. I never realized how much I love you as the day I saw you in that bed after you got to the ER. You were scared, but you were brave! You were strong, but you were vulnerable. In retrospect, I think it was a turning point for you in your life. To me, it always seems like you have won every thing you have set out to do. On that day, you tried, you had a lot of pressure on you, and you experienced that you are human like the rest of us. I still believe that you, Matt, can accomplish whatever you want. And, you will. This time you are training and planning to do it at your own pace. In the last year, that program is pretty much what I have learned from you. The best part is the training and the growing inside. You had an awesome year, Matt, and gave soooo much to everybody else. I want to be there when you cross the finish line, in your own way, in your own time. And it will be good, no, great! Love ya, Denise

    ReplyDelete