Monday, November 1, 2010

A nation is on the rise......

"It is here, in this organization, that the will to win burns brighter." "We will get it back."
Al Davis- speaking about hiring Tom Cable

After seven years in the football wilderness a fearsome band of warriors have emerged to strike fear in the hearts of the AFC West. The Raiders sacked Mrs Elizabeth Hasselback eight times yesterday and I was left wondering when Pete Carroll would just give up and put in Whoopi Goldberg at left guard. I guess its too hard for "uncle" pete to "always compete" when he can't gain an unfair advantage in the NFL by buying his players houses and cars. The most overrated coach in history was shown what a fraud he has always been by "coaching" an offense that was only able to generate three points against the Raiders. I guess Pete was too busy counting the millions that he conned the Seahawks into giving him. The Raiders are a team on the rise and after putting together two impressive victories the nation will host the Chiefs this Sunday. If Oakland can beat KC, (dare I say it) we have a realistic shot at going to the playoffs for the first time since 2003. This is why you stay loyal, this is why you NEVER bandwagon (cough, cough, not seeing a lot of SC gear these days) this is why win, lose or tie, I am a Raider fan till I die. On a side note, after the beating the Raiders gave Denver last week I was wearing my Raider hat and some clown said, "oh did you just dust that off because they won?" Before I had a chance to answer this guy Kensey said, "no he wears it every Sunday, no matter what." Thats the kind of girl that I like, one who understands loyalty. In the words of the great Al Davis, "thats what I'm telling ya."

1 comment:

  1. The Raiders are playing great football. I know they are headed for the playoffs!! Love Kenseys remark to the idiot remark by the clown.....must be a SC fan, HA!

    Love ya, Susan

    ReplyDelete